The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is proud to offer a Camper Incentive Program for Jewish Military Families on Active Duty.
- Our campers are warm & welcoming, polite & friendly. They are thrilled to be at camp, and excited to welcome others into the community.
- Our campers come from all types of families, and from across the socio-economic spectrum - far different than many of the camps near major Jewish centers - resulting in a very diverse community.
- We have many campers who come from small communities, and MANY who come from communities with few Jews. We think that's something that military kids will share in common with our campers.
- Most of our summer staff members are products of Jacobs Camp themselves - which means they, too, get what's great about our community, and strive to maintain it.
- Kids who come to Jacobs Camp - and families who send children here - get that the camp is an oasis of Jewish life that plays a pivotal role in building Jewish identity and Jewish self-confidence. Our campers need Jacobs to do this for them - and that we do it so well is one of our greatest strengths.
Eligible military families will receive the following financial incentives (incentives are based on military pay grades, and are applied directly to camp accounts):
(10 days, grades 1-2)
$1,000 - E-1 thru E-9
$500 - W-1 thru W-5 & O-1 thru O-3
$250 - O-4 thru O-11
(24 days, grades 3-9)
$2,000 - E-1 thru E-9
$1,250 - W-1 thru W-5 & O-1 thru O-3
$500 - O-4 thru O-11
(38 days, grade 10)
$3,000 - E-1 thru E-9
$2,000 - W-1 thru W-5 & O-1 thru O-3
$1,000 - O-4 thru O-11
The Jacobs Camp Military Family Incentive is open to Jewish families with at least one parent on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces. An individual incentive is available for each child enrolled for camp from participating families. In order to take part in the program, families must:
- Register their child/children for Camp. (A $250 deposit is required.)
- Complete our online Military Family Incentive Application.
- Provide documented proof of military status.
- Be responsible for transportation of each participating child to and from Camp.
- Submit all camp forms, provide proof of insurance, and provide proof of immunization for each participating child.
If this is the first time the participating child is going to Jewish sleep-away camp, the child may be eligible for a local or regional First-Time Camper Incentive of up to $1,000 - which can be used in addition to the Military Family Incentive (making the first summer at camp even more affordable). Learn more information and apply.
Participating families would be eligible for need-based financial assistance from local or regional sources (e.g. congregations, Jewish Family Service agencies, etc.), and are encouraged to apply. Please contact your Chaplain, or if you know of local agencies, contact them directly for more information.