New Family Buddy Program
Living Our Values: Welcome Home Hospitality
We are excited to announce the launch our new Jacobs Camp New Family Buddy Program! This summer Jacobs Camp has 63 new families, and we need YOUR help to welcome them to the Jacobs Camp community.
The goal of this program is to connect our new families with experienced families to help them feel welcome and ease some of the nervousness that comes with sending children to sleep-away camp for the first time.
WHAT IS THE JACOBS CAMP NEW FAMILY BUDDY PROGRAM?
- A new program to help welcome new families into the Jacobs Camp community
- Buddy families serve as a source of support to new families leading up to, during and following the summer
- The New Family Buddy Program is NOT an avenue for new families to receive official camp information. Official camp information will always come from Jacobs Camp leadership.
- To the best of our ability, families will be paired based on camper session, unit, gender, and geographic location.
WHAT DOES A BUDDY FAMILY DO?
- Introduce yourself to your buddy family within 3 days of receiving their contact info
- Check in one more time prior to camp
- Contact your buddy family at least once the during camp session to see how things are going
- Check in one more time after camp
- Let Hydee know of any related issues or ideas you have based on your experience as a buddy family
HELPFUL INFORMATION TO SHARE WITH NEW FAMILIES
- Remind your buddy family that any camper-specific questions or concerns should always be directed to our very responsive and accessible camp leadership.
- Direct your buddy family to their CampInTouch account which contains comprehensive information about the summer including: the Parents Handbook, Jacobs Camp Essentials on a variety of topics, all our camp policies, and information about how best to communicate with camp.
- Remind your buddy family to follow the Jacobs Camp official social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram. You can also direct them to the parent-run Facebook groups which include the Jacobs Camp Parents Facebook group and Henry S. Jacobs Camp Alumni group.
- Please encourage your buddy family to sign up to be a part of the Parent Advisory Council!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Parent Advisory Council Leader, Hydee Kagan, at email@example.com.
About the Author
Hydee is a proud parent of two Jacobs Campers and the leader of the Jacobs Camp Parent Advisory Council. Hydee believes that Jacobs Camp is place for every Jewish child and volunteers her time to support Jacobs Camp and our mission to “welcome home” new Jewish children each summer.
Mitzvah Projects Make Jacobs Magic The whole value of a benevolent deed lies in the love that inspires it. – Talmud: Sukkah Love inspires many of our amazing campers who are becoming B'nai Mitzvahs to use this important time in their lives to support the place they...