Job Description – Driver
Background: The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Utica, MS that serves campers ages 7-16, who spend between ten days and six weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Driver.
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with adults with various experience levels in a camp setting.
- Ability to stay organized and accomplish logistically focused tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Must be in compliance with company insurance policies.
- Must be comfortable with driving at all times of day.
- Pick up and drop off campers, staff, and community member at the Jackson airport
- Drive and buy camp supplies during the day.
- Transport campers and/or staff to the hospital when necessary.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with staff and campers.
- Directly responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the camp vehicle.
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director