Job Description – Health Center Administrator
Background: The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Utica, MS that serves campers ages 7-16, who spend between ten days and six weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Health Center Administrator.
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or public health.
- Desire and ability to work with members of the medical profession in a camp setting.
- Ability to stay organized and accomplish logistically focused tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without constant supervision.
- Manage general health center tasks including, but not limited to:
- Medicine distribution during meals and bedtimes
- Camper sick call clinic
- Checking on health center patients
- Onboard incoming medical staff to ensure smooth transitions throughout the summer
- Arrange for prescriptions to be picked up by camp driver
- Communicate with camp nurses and doctors about individual’s medical cases
- Maintain a permanent log of evaluations in camp database after treatments
- Organize and file incident reports for major injuries and/or illnesses
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with staff and campers.
- Directly responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the health center and medical supplies.
- Make doctor or specialist appointments for campers or staff
- Assist with the overall health needs of the camp community
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director