Job Description – Director of Marketing and Communications
Background: The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Utica, MS that serves campers ages 7-16, who spend between ten days and six weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with adults and children in a camp setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism
- Creative, a strong writer, and extremely well organized
- A college degree preferred
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without constant supervision. Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel
- Manage the summer communications team consisting of the photographer, the videographer, and the graphic design specialist
- Monitor outgoing content, including pictures posted to CampInTouch and other social media posts
- Create and execute a rigorous communications calendar consisting of blog posts, Facebook, and Instagram content
- Execute off-season content (photos and videos) list with the photographer and videographer
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with staff and campers
Designated Supervisor: Development Manager