Our goal is to create a fun and safe environment for everyone at camp. Parents are encouraged to discuss the following issues with their campers prior to their session: Taking responsibility for one’s actions; zero tolerance for fighting, hitting, tripping, bullying, etc.; not using bad language; making new friends and sharing. We will also be asking for every camper to follow our masking and distancing protocols, which will be shared when they are finalized closer to camp. In addition to the rules below, we also ask that all campers follow the guidelines set out in the Brit Kehilah Machaneh - Covenant of the Camp Community. This document outlines the shared responsibility between the camp, our campers, and our camp families, in helping to ensure the safest summer possible. By committing to this Brit, our camp, our campers, and our camp families agree to a shared responsibility to health and safety before, during, and after camp.
Our camp rules are as follows:
• I will follow the directions of the adults and staff at camp
• I will follow all directions
• I will communicate my needs and feelings to the best of my ability using respectful and kind words.
• I will take care of myself by eating, staying hydrated, and practicing good hygiene while at camp.
• I will abide by the established unit curfew
• I will not possess or chew gum at camp
• I will not change my physical appearance while at camp
• I will not wear clothing that promotes liquor or drugs, contains inappropriate language, or is intentionally tight or revealing.
• I will not harm myself or others, physically or verbally
• I will be sharing my living space with other campers. I will be respectful of their feelings and their right to express themselves. I will respect their personal space and property.
• I will respect the camp policy that campers are not allowed in the cabins or living areas of those of the opposite sex.
• I will participate in all programs and activities.
• I will not leave campgrounds or wander away from or leave groups or activities without a staff member.
• I will treat camp property with respect. I understand that graffiti is not allowed, and that willful destruction of camp property will not be tolerated. My family will be held financially responsible for any damages.
• I will not bring any type of personal cell phone, computer, hand-held game device, tablet, etc. to camp. If I arrive at camp with these objects, I will turn them into the camp office where they’ll be kept in a safe and then returned to me when I return home.
• I understand that alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco products or any kind, matches, fireworks, and weapons have no place at camp and that possession of any of these items is forbidden.
• I will not participate in any form of cyberbullying after camp by using my computer or cell phone to threaten, insult, or harass any of my fellow campers or staff.