Job Description – Operations Manager
Background: The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Utica, MS that serves campers ages 7-16, who spend between ten days and six weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Operations Manager.
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with adults with various experience levels in a camp setting.
- Ability to stay organized and accomplish logistically focused tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- A college degree preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without constant supervision. Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel.
- Allocate camp resources and program supplies.
- Manage camp operations including, but not limited to:
- Camper Laundry
- Facility Sanitation
- Facility Maintenance
- Program Supply Distribution
- Dining Hall Operations
- Supervise a team of operational support staff including the Operations Assistant.
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with staff and campers.
- Directly responsible for maintenance and upkeep of facilities and supplies when necessary.
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director