At Jacobs Camp, we take a great deal of pride in the members of our staff. The staff is comprised of college students, graduate students, and professionals in various fields. Staff members provide a stable and caring home for campers all summer long.
WE HAVE A PLACE FOR YOU!
Each year, we look for competent and energetic young adults to fill our staff positions. Previous experience isn't the key to success at Jacobs: you are! Training is provided at the start of the summer season, and is ongoing throughout the summer. We seek to insure that staff members have as great a time as our campers.
Counselors live in bunks with our campers, and have the most direct influence on their summer experiences. Involved in every aspect of camp life, counselors strive to provide for the campers the best that camp has to offer. Most importantly, counselors serve as role-models of responsible, mature, and Jewishly-involved living. The "bunk" is the most essential unit at Jacobs Camp, and we do all we can to insure that our campers get the most out of it. Great counselors are the key!
Specialists provide the bulk of the programming and activities that campers participate in during every day of their camp experience. Whether their experience is in Jewish education, creative programming, or in one of the many recreational activities that we offer regularly, specialist work to keep the camp going, and offer campers the chance to develop new skills and talents, thereby feeling even better about themselves.
THINK ABOUT IT!
A summer season at Jacobs Camp lasts about 9 weeks, including our staff training program, and is conveniently scheduled to coincide with most school calendars.
You could spend your summer at Jacobs working in the outdoors, while at the same time developing the skills and experience that will enable you to build your present or future career.
And, you can make a positive difference in the life of a child by being the spark that ignites the flame of fun, growth, and learning. As a member of the Jacobs Camp Staff, you will have the opportunity to be a positive influence on the lives of our campers, while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
Each summer, our staff is comprised of dynamic individuals who spend their days and nights working with children in a fun-filled, ever-changing array of exciting and challenging activities and programs. As a staff member at Jacobs Camp, you will spend your summer:
- gaining valuable experience in positions of leadership and responsibility.
- utilizing, expressing, and developing your creative skills and talents.
- enriching your campers' lives and your own by gaining an understanding of Jewish culture, traditions, and values.
- learning the keys to successful teamwork.
- developing public speaking skills.
- enhancing problem-solving skills.
- developing program ideas from concept to reality.
- being a positive influence in the development of children.
- working under professional guidance and direction.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT CAMP
Summer time presents plenty of opportunities for work: internships, high-paying labor, classes, travel, volunteer work and summer camp jobs for college students. Each offers its own rewards; however, no matter what interests you or what your college major, working as a summer camp counselor is one of the best opportunities out there.
- Traveling and living somewhere different. What better way to discover another part of the country while getting paid and engaging in your favorite activities?
- Working with children. If you like children, there is no better summer job than to be a positive role model for children of all ages. Just being around children is fun!
- Develop valuable personal and professional skills. Working as a summer camp counselor offers many skill-building opportunities: communication, teamwork, problem-solving, leadership, conflict management, and responsibility.
- Job security. Assuming you like the camp and they like you, you will be able to return year after year relieving yourself of the stress of having to look for a job every summer. This also looks great on your resume - it demonstrates to an employer strong work performance and loyalty.
- Make friends from all over. Most overnight camps hire people from all over. This is a great way to learn about other cultures and make long-lasting friendships.
- Your job is to be fun and have fun. All day. Every day. Who could ask for more than that?
To explore whether a summer camp job is right for you, take a look at our available positions.