Situated on 267 acres of rolling hills and woodlands, with a picturesque lake as its centerpiece, the Jacobs Camp’s grounds provide a relaxing, natural setting to experience the summer. And, our modern facility, including more than 30 buildings and a diverse range of recreational spaces, all of which are fully-accessible, insures we have a place for everyone to have a great time!
CABINS Depending on the program your child attends, he or she will live in cabins. Approximately 12 campers live together with 2 or 3 counselors. Our beautiful grounds provide plenty of room for outdoor fun, including basketball courts, tennis courts, and soccer/baseball fields. In addition, Jacobs Camp has a wide variety of facilities for special activities, both indoors and out.
- Grant-Meyer Softball field
- Soccer field
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court with a grass surface
- Ga-Ga (a.k.a. Israeli dodgeball) pit
- Kickball field (day use only)
- Tennis courts (3)
- 18 - Hole Disc Golf course ranging through the entire camp
Grant-Meyer Adventure Area: Jacobs Camp has the best challenge course in all of Mississippi! The course includes:
- 50' Alpine Climbing Tower - the only one in the state of Mississippi!
- High ropes course with 9 different elements
- Low ropes challenge course with 15 different elements
- 35' outdoor climbing wall
- Zip line
- Giant swing
The Performing Arts Center (JPAC): This beautiful building is one of our newest facilities, as renovation was completed in Summer 2013. The centerpiece of the building is the main auditorium - with professional light & sound that is perfect for lectures, programs, productions, and worship services. The building also has two dance studios, a music/recording studio, and a rehearsal/green room - all of which can be used as breakout rooms.
The Techneon Program Building (Techneon): This multi-purpose building serves as home to the camp's digital media programs. It is home to Jacobs Camp Radio, 100.3 FM, our ham radio station, our digital photography & video labs, and two breakout rooms - plus our dance studio.
Theodore (Ted) Levi Creative Arts & Crafts Center: Our creative arts center includes a large air-conditioned main room, two small classrooms, and two porch areas – one screened and one open.
The Eighty Acres: Set apart from the main areas of camp, the "Eighty Acres" is a beautiful and serene natural setting for great outdoor activities and adventure. The Eighty Acres features a primitive camp site. One of our best mountain bike and hiking trails encircles the Eighty Acres, and is almost two miles long.
Trails : Throughout our grounds, there are hiking and biking trails that allow for some amazing outdoor encounters.
Lake Gary: Situated in the center of Camp, Lake Gary is not only a beautiful place, but a great site for recreation! Completely redone in 2007, Lake Gary is home to:
- The Beach, 80 feet long, lighted for nighttime use.
- “The Blob.”
- The "Wet Willie" Waterslide.
- "The Iceberg."
- "The Obstacle Course."
- A Fishing Pier.
- A Boat House, home to our canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and our 16-passenger "war canoe."
- A beautiful walking path that encircles almost the entire perimeter of the lake, and is a wonderful way to take in the beauty.
Swimming Pool (B'recha): Our outdoor Z-shaped pool is big, able to accomodate the whole camp at once! The pool includes:
- A zero-grade entry shallow end, complete with three water features.
- A main swimming area long-enough for competitive swimming events.
- A deep end that is home to our two Aquaclimbs.
- A large deck area, complete with a shaded gazebo and a permanent sound system.
- A Pool House with boys' and girls' bathrooms and changing rooms.