Shalom from Jacobs Camp!
Can you believe Opening Day is only days away? We could not be more excited to welcome you and your campers to HSJ! We’re looking forward to having an incredible summer, and we’re so thrilled you’ll be here with us! We’re looking forward to having an incredible summer, and we’re so thrilled you’ll be here with us! Our primary goals for the first day of camp are to welcome your children home to Jacobs Camp, keep everyone safe and healthy, and to help our campers quickly transition into the camp routine.
Important Opening Day Reminders
- Assigned Arrival Time We have assigned your family a specific arrival time. Please do your best to arrive at your assigned time. If you arrive late, you may have to wait so we can work your camper in to the check-in schedule. All campers must arrive at Jacobs Camp under the supervision of immediate family members/guardians from the same household this summer.
- PCR Test A negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of opening day is REQUIRED for each camper. You may either use the at-home test sent to you by Northshore Clinical Laboratories that you will have sent via pre-paid FedEx directly to the lab, OR you may have your child tested at a local testing facility and upload your results in your CampInTouch account. Any camper that arrives at camp without their PCR test results submitted will have to go to the closest testing facility in Jackson, MS and will not be permitted to return to camp until their test results are submitted, which likely not until the next day.
- Packing & Luggage Tags Please remember to affix the provided luggage tags to ALL of your camper’s belonging to ensure that they arrive in the correct cabin. No loose items will be permitted as our staff will be transporting all belongings to the cabins. We encourage you to please double check this year’s packing list, which can be found in your CampInTouch account to be sure you have packed the proper number of disposable masks for your camper’s session.
- Camper Medication You should have already submitted any medication needs through the Camper’s Pharmacy website. Please double check here to be sure that all needed medication appears in your dashboard.
- Opening Day Backpack Please remember that each camper should arrive at camp with an Opening Day Backpack, so they can jump right in to the fun, while their luggage is being transported to their cabin. This backpack should be regular-sized, labeled with your camper’s name, and contain the following items:
- Ziplock bag with essential toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, retainer, deodorant, menstrual products, etc.)
- A stuffed animal or other comfort item your camper might want at bedtime
- Water Bottle
- Rescue Inhaler or EpiPen (if applicable)
- Bathing Suit and any other swim necessities (goggles, earplugs, etc.)
- 5 Disposable Masks
Please note that our restroom facilities will not be available during check-in, so you may want to use the restroom before arriving at camp knowing that our facilities will be unavailable until after you have dropped your camper off on Opening Day.
What to Expect When You Arrive at Camp
- Stage 1: Health Screening Including COVID Rapid Test
- Upon arrival, our staff will direct you to a parking area where your camper will undergo a COVID-19 rapid test, temperature check, and will be asked several health screening questions while remaining in your car. Please wear a mask and do not exit your vehicle at any time. If your camper is not medically cleared, a member of our medical staff will discuss options with you.
- Stage 2: Lice Check
- Once medically cleared, you will be directed to have a professional lice check, which will take place masked and outdoors.
- Stage 3: Luggage and Camper Drop Off
- Once your camper passes the lice check, you will drive to our camper and luggage drop-off zone by the Breezeway. At this time, you will find out your camper’s cabin assignment, and then once all of our campers arrive, we will email all parents with their camper’s cabin roster and a group photo.
- Goodbye hugs! You will have time to briefly exit your vehicle to hug your camper and tell them to have a wonderful time at camp!
- Stage 4: The Fun Begins!
- At this point parents will exit camp, and the campers will meet their counselors and see their cabins!
- We have organized time for you to meet your campers’ counselors via Zoom or video prior to Opening Day. More information about the “Meet the Counselors” will be shared soon.
We will have a restroom facility available to parents after you drop off your camper on the way out of camp.
Don’t forget to stay in touch! See how you can keep up with what’s going on at camp and stay in touch with your camper here.
If you have any questions or concern, please call our office at 601-885-6042. You can review all of our summer COVID safety policies here.
We are looking forward to a wonderful summer and can’t wait to welcome our campers to their summer home!