Home from Camp: An Unpacking List
The end of the summer can bring many mixed emotions for campers. While they will be so happy to be back with their families, they will also miss their friends, counselors, and life at camp. As for parents— we know you can’t wait to hear all about your child’s amazing experiences!
Before the summer started, we sent you a packing list and other information to help you prepare your child for camp. Now that the session is nearly over, we wanted to provide you with this “unpacking list,” of questions to help you encourage your camper to “unpack” the wonderful experience they’ve had at HSJ.
We hope asking some of these questions will help you see a glimpse of what camp is like through your child’s eyes:
1. What was your favorite thing to eat at camp? Did you try any new foods?
2. What is your favorite song from song session? Can you sing it? Does it have any fun hand motions?
3. What was the funniest thing your counselors did during the summer?
4. What was the best/funniest/weirdest/most interesting day on your cabin’s calendar?
5. Why is Shabbat at camp so special?
6. Tell me about your favorite camp friends! Where do they live?
7. What is something you learned this summer? Did you learn about something or learn how to do something new?
8. Did you or anyone in your cabin perform in the dining hall?
9. Did you try the tower, or do the lake obstacle course or new lake toys?
10. What was your favorite snack at canteen?
11. What was the letter day skit this session? Was it funny?
12. Which chugim you choose?
Mitzvah Projects Make Jacobs Magic The whole value of a benevolent deed lies in the love that inspires it. – Talmud: Sukkah Love inspires many of our amazing campers who are becoming B'nai Mitzvahs to use this important time in their lives to support the place they...