First Time Campers
First-time campers are eligible to receive $1,500 from the Goldring Family Foundation of New Orleans.
Eligibility Requirements: (a) First-time attending a session of 10 days in duration or longer. (b) Currently in grade 1 through 9. (c) Resident of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas or Florida Panhandle. Grants are not based on financial need. Both parents need not be Jewish. Temple or synagogue affiliation is not required.
Jewish Children's Regional Service
The Jewish Children’s Regional Service, based in New Orleans, provides partial need-based scholarships to qualifying families.
Eligibility Requirements: (a) Children must reside in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee or Texas. (b) They should be within the ages of 9 and 16, as of the end of the summer.
To receive priority consideration, completed applications must be received no later than February 15, 2023. A completed application will not be entered until all requested information is received.
RoseMary and Saul Brooks Fund for Jewish Youth Engagement
The RoseMary and Saul Brooks Fund for Jewish Youth Engagement will provide an incentive grant of at least $550 for up to ten Jewish children to attend a Jewish nonprofit sleepaway summer camp each year.
Eligibility and Grant Guidelines:
- One parent must be Jewish AND the child(ren) must identify as Jewish.
- Residing full-time in Louisiana, outside of a major metropolitan area (including the Greater New Orleans and Greater Baton Rouge areas) for the past year.
- Entering grades one through 12 (after camp).
- Attending a nonprofit, Jewish sleepaway camp.
- One application must be submitted for each child.
- Child(ren) may re-apply every year he/she is eligible.
- Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applications will be reviewed by a small group, including JEF staff, Board, and a representative of the Brooks family.
- Funds will be paid directly to the camp.
INFORMATION BY CITY OR CONGREGATION
Congregation Gemiluth Chassodim member-families should contact Rabbi, Cantor Raina Siroty: 318-445-3655, email@example.com.
Baton Rouge - Beth Shalom
Baton Rouge - B'nai Israel
Baton Rouge - All families
All Baton Rouge families are eligible to apply for the Baton Rouge Jewish Federation Scholarship. The application is available online here..
Temple Sinai member-families should contact the Temple office: 337-439-2866.
Northshore Jewish Congregation member-families should contact the office: 985-951-7976, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metairie - Gates of prayer
Gates of Prayer member-families should contact Rabbi David Gerber: 504-885-2600, email@example.com
The Gates of Prayer Brotherhood and Sisterhood also sponsor an annual campership essay contest. Details are available each fall.
New Orleans - Temple SInai
Temple Sinai member-families should contact Cantor Joel Colman: 504-861-3694, firstname.lastname@example.org.